What options did he have?
1. Turn to the US “Whistleblower Protection Program”.
Do you really think they would treat him fairly? No, they would treat him as a criminal to set an example for everyone who want try something similar. Therefore, this was NOT an option for Snowden!
2. Shut up about it.
Yes, he could but would not. The info was too important to shut up about.
3. Tell the US authorities and get rich by pressing them for money to shut up.
Yes, he could and live a comfortable life hereon.
None of these options was acceptable for Snowden. He did a brave act to expose the truth.
His only option were then to seek asylum in an other country.
Any country who do not support the US way of handling this, should be as brave as Snowden, and grant him asylum.
If you found an error, highlight it and press Shift + E or click here to inform us.
Latest posts by Iver Neumann (see all)
- The Shields - 14. October 2014
- Anand – Carlsen 18. nov. 2013 - 18. November 2013
- Carlsen won against Anand (with black) See the game here! - 16. November 2013